Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Baby Question

Lately I have been looking at lots of different baby things trying to find out what to register for and what is the best and most practical. Anyways, I just have a question about cribs. I have been looking at a lot of reviews and just can't decide and need some help from mothers that have much more experience than I do. I don't know if I want one of those cribs that convert to a toddler bed and then to a regular bed without a drop side or one that has a drop side and converts only to a toddler bed. I just dont know what is the best for someone who plans on having more than one child kinda close together. I know that the convertible bed would be the best option if I was only planning on having one child but thats not the case. And I keep hearing from people that they love the drop side cribs and I just needed some advice. What did you actually use and what do you like the best. Thanks to anyone who comments on this post.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We have a crib that converts only to a toddler bed. But we have never even converted it because we have always needed a crib (with how close our kids are in age). You'll probably end up buying a normal bed for your first so that the second will be in the crib--so you might just want to go with the more simple, less expensive model. Hope this is helpful!

The Nicolaysens said...

I remember worrying about cribs too. Eden's crib doesn't convert into a toddler bed, because we thought we wouldn't ever use it, since we wanted to have kids close together too. Her crib also isn't a drop side either, I have heard that sometimes the drop side can come down and your baby can come out. We had to buy our crib like 2 weeks before Eden was born, because the crib I originally picked out was discontinued and so I got the next best thing. But because I'm short I think I would have liked to have a drop side to make it easier for me to lay Eden down. We got our crib at Babies R'Us and so far we've had no complaints. Also they have great coupons that you can use to save some money on such an expensive item. Hope this novel helps :)